Outlook is being used across multiple platforms these days. You can set up Microsoft Outlook on devices that run Windows, Mac, iOS or Android. This article looks at how to setup Outlook email in iPad.
- First of all, install Outlook on your iPad. You can download the iOS version of Outlook from App Store. After downloading Outlook, follow the onscreen directions to install it on your device.
- Once Outlook is installed on your device, navigate to the Settings and choose Mail.
- Tap on the Add Account
- In the following window, select Microsoft Exchange.
- You will be required to provide your email account details in this section. Ensure that you provide correct details in the following sections.
Name: Provide your full name (be reminded that this will be the name that gets displayed to the recipients of your email).
Email Address: Enter your full email address.
Password: Enter your email account password here.
- Once these details are entered in the appropriate fields, verify them before you proceed to the next step.
- Go to the top right-hand end of the window and choose Next. Outlook will be prompted now to look up your account details and set up the account automatically. It can happen sometimes that Outlook will fail to look up the settings automatically and set up your account. In such case, you will be required to manually set up your account.
- First of all, find out the name of your Exchange ActiveSync Upon finding the server name, type it in the given field and tap the Next button.
- Pinpoint the sections that you wish to synchronize between your iPad and the email account. Once done, tap the save This will enable Outlook to synchronize your contact info, event calendar and email with the device. Once the synchronizing is successfully done, you will be allowed to access all the features.
- When you are being asked to provide with any password, formulate an alphanumeric password. The password is a must in order to view your email on the desired devices or to make any changes in the email settings in the iPad.
That was about how to setup Outlook email.