The Mac operating system comes with a printer scheduled list, which can be used to decide which printers you wish to connect to the MacBook. The Print & Fax utility can be used to access this list. This tool lets you add new printers and delete the ones you do not need. After editing the list, you will see that the results are automatically updated in the drop-down menu on the Print utility window.
Adding a Printer
- Connect the printer and the MacBook using the USB cable.
- After that, head to the menu bar shown at the highest point of the desktop, and choose the Apple icon. From the drop down menu that appears, select System Preferences to launch that window.
- In the System Preferences window, choose Print & Fax, and then hit the + button shown on the left. This will open the Add Printer
- After this, select the printer you just connected to the computer in the Add Printer Enter a name for it in the Name box; also type in the location of the printer in the Name field. From the drop-down box under that, select the type of printer you are trying to set up.
- Hit the Add button to finish adding the printer to the MacBook. The installation disc of the printer will need to be inserted into the disk drive of the laptop, if and when you get a prompt asking you to do this.
- After that, just follow the instruction shown on the installation wizard screen to complete installing the essential software of the printer. After this is done, hit Finish so that the installation process is completed. Your printer should now appear in the list shown in the Print & Fax
Deleting a Printer
The first thing you need to do is launch the System Preferences
- When the window comes up, choose the Print & Fax In order to delete a printer that you do not want anymore, choose the respective name from the list shown on the left of the window.
- Lastly, hit the – button shown on the bottom of the list of printers. After that, you will be asked whether you wish to proceed. Hit Yes to confirm and proceed.
If any of these instructions are hard to follow, consider calling a computer tech support professional who can guide you through the process. Online computer tech support can be very beneficial in these cases.