Windows 7 is a perfectly designed operating system. As compared to the older operating systems like Windows Vista and Windows XP, Windows 7 faces fewer issues. But it can become really weird and make you annoyed with frequent issues unless you install the updates from time to time.
Why Is It Important To Install Updates?
All Windows operating systems are prone to bugs, security loopholes and other similar issues. These problems get worse in the course of time. When you install an update, all these issues would be fixed by way of replacing or repairing the corrupted files that cause the problem. Windows Update is the best way to repair Windows errors.
Windows Update Error 0x80070057
When you try to install an update in Windows 7, you might probably get an error message with the ID 0x80070057. Windows 7 support page lists down numerous reasons for this error. It can be due to any missing updates, failure to connect to the server, etc. When you get this error message, you can fix it by following the below steps.
- Turn on your computer and navigate to the Start
- When the Start menu opens up, select All Programs from the resulting screen.
- Locate Windows Update in the All Programs list and click it. If you do not find the option there, go to the search box and type Windows Update in the type field. This will display the Windows Update option.
- When the Windows Update screen is open, click the option that says Check for updates. You can find it on the left side of the window. Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet when you execute this step. Windows 7 will connect to Microsoft server now and will check for all the available updates. Wait for a few minutes while the lookup is on.
- You will get a list of updates, listed on the basis of importance. Select the updates that you wish to install. Once done, click on the OK The updates will be downloaded and installed now. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the steps.
By following the above steps, you would have successfully installed all the pending updates and made your computer safe. Hereafter, you would not receive any Windows Update error 0x80070057.