Whether at home or office, computers have become an indispensable part of our lives. The technology that goes behind personal and business computing is increasing at a rapid pace. Computers have now evolved and become more powerful to tackle various activities and functions quickly. As a result, they now play a vital role in almost all the activities concerning a home or office. Besides, computers are now an important part of any institution in processing data or simply for storage.
Considering the importance of computers, it is vital that they are made to run smoothly without any issues that cause a decrease in performance or malfunctioning of the device altogether. Many issues can hinder the normal functioning of a computer. Most of this can be due to hardware related failures and can be corrected easily by either repairing or replacing the faulty components. Computer viruses are the main cause of software related errors and malfunctioning.
These programs can interrupt the normal functioning of a computer used in homes or offices. Besides, it can cause a host of other problems in the device that if left unchecked can lead to numerous unrecoverable losses. It is necessary to remove viruses at the earliest from a computer. At Instant Tech Support, we are dedicated to removing viruses to ensure computers used in homes and offices are fully cleaned of such malicious programs and functions perfectly.
What are Computer Viruses?
The name virus is mostly related to a biological origin and is an organism that infects its host. It causes the host to replicate large copies of the viral matter and spread from host to host. A computer virus is much similar to this and functions by infecting a PC spreading to others via networks of physical storage devices. A computer virus refers to a specific code or program intended to cause havoc in its host computer.
It is programmed to perform certain tasks that can alter the normal functioning of a computer and to spread quickly by whatever medium possible. This property of replicating quickly over computers is what is most spiteful regarding a virus. Due to this, it can affect more computers especially ones connected to a network and thus cause large-scale damages.
How it Infect a Computer?
A computer virus functions mainly by means of its replication. It can attach itself to any kind of file, program or document and will remain inert on a computer until it gets activated. When a computer reads through or executes the program containing a virus, the virus program will get activated. Once the virus program gets executed, it will run a series of tasks that it is originally intended for, which includes registering keystrokes, deleting data, corrupting major system files, steal passwords and other relevant data, etc.
Thus, a virus can remain dormant for a long time without showing any symptoms of an infection, when it first enters a PC. Due to this, most users are unaware that their computers have a virus infection. The viruses from an infected computer can quickly spread into other computes via networks, storage devices, file downloads, email and text attachments, etc. They remain shadowy inside most attachments, files or programs and due to this, they spread quickly and infect more computer.
What are the Symptoms of a Virus Infection?
When a virus enters into a computer and gets executed, it will carry out several tasks that it is programmed for. While the virus functions, it can cause the computer to exhibit certain signs that if checked carefully, can help one figure out whether their system is infected or not. In case if a computer exhibits any of the following symptoms, it is best to get in contact with Instant Tech Support. Some of the common symptoms of a computer infected with a virus are as follows:
- Unresponsive – The computer will become unresponsive and this is one crucial symptom to look for during a virus infection. An infected computer will at times becomes unresponsive to the user inputs like clicks or keystrokes. Besides, the computer may exhibit unexpected behavior such as automatic opening and closing of applications and programs, scroll up or down etc.
- Slow Downs – When a virus starts to function on a computer, it will run in the background discreetly and carry out numerous tasks that cause the system to slow down. The virus will replicate and multiply into different locations in the storage that can consume memory and storage space, thereby causing a decline in the performance.
- Loss of Files – A virus will replicate itself constantly and some of them are specifically intended to target valuable files stored in a computer. They will delete the files stored in a particular sector, and if you find this type of deletion on your computer, you can be sure that it is the work of a virus program. Besides, some extra files may also appear in certain locations on an infected computer.
- Pop Up Error Messages – One of the most noticeable signs of a virus infection is that the computer will display some error messages relating to missing files or applications. This occurs mostly during startup and can appear while running any kind of programs.
- Slower Internet Speed – A slowdown in the internet speeds is yet another sign of a virus infection. The viruses can alter several of the network settings and use it to automatically download or transfer files to a specific source. This will cause the network speeds to slow down considerably.
Importance of Virus Removal
It is highly important that a computer is cleared of any viruses and malicious programs as quickly as possible. Viruses will multiply quickly when it gets into a host computer and carries out a range of mischievous tasks that can lead to several losses. The primary issue associated with a virus infection is data loss. This is especially the case with office computers, as one infected computer can result in the spreading of the virus quickly since every system is connected to the office network.
Many of the personal files such as photos, videos and documents can get corrupted and deleted in case of a virus infection. Another reason for virus removal is that a virus can breach the security of a computer and make it vulnerable to further infection and unauthorized access from online sources. This can cause the files to be stolen or deleted. Timely removal of viruses ensures that the computer is free from such malicious programs before they make the computer to malfunction completely.
Why Rely on Instant Tech Support?
Most of the users solely rely on antivirus software to remove the viruses and other malicious programs from their computer. This is, however, an inadequate method, as they cannot fully remove the virus from the system. If a user is trying to clean his/her infected computer using an antivirus program, the virus might still lie hidden in many locations in the system, even if the antivirus programs program claim that it has successfully cleared them.
A full-scale cleaning of a computer from viruses is possible only by optimizing the system from the start. This is what Instant Tech Support specializes on. Our technicians use several techniques to fully clear an infected computer. They are well versed in all the methods to clean and optimize a virus-infected computer.
We can carry out a deep clean of the system that will eliminate any hidden virus programs and then optimize the system to make it function perfectly. Moreover, we also deploy the right security measures like installing anti-virus software and carrying out tweaks in the system settings to ensure that the computer remains shielded to any kind of future virus attacks.