If your Office 2010 suite got corrupted and is not working properly, the best solution is to reinstall Microsoft Office 2010. Once it is reinstalled, you need to activate it. There are different methods for this.
Usually, when you purchase Office suite from a retail outlet, you would the product key along with the installation disc. Online purchasers would get a soft copy of the product. They will have to buy the license key from Microsoft download centre separately.
First of all, you need uninstall the corrupted version of Office suite from your computer. When you uninstall the product, the license key of your product will be released. You can use it to activate the product after the re-installation.
- Uninstall the existing version of Office suite by going to the Start button followed by Control Panel and Programs and features.
- When you find Office suite in the list, highlight it and then click the Uninstall Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the un-installation.
- After the product has been uninstalled, insert Office 2010 installation disc in the computer and wait for it to load. If you want to install all programs in the suite, go for Full Installation. Otherwise, choose the Custom Installation option and then choose the desired programs for installation. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation.
- After the installation, you would need to know how to activate Office 2010. You can activate it either by phone or internet. Make sure that you have the product ID at hand before going ahead with the activation procedure.
- To activate Office 2010 suite via, go to the Start button and choose All programs. Choose Office 2010 from the resulting menu.
- When the program is loaded, navigate to the File tab followed by Help. In the help screen, select the option that says Activate key.
- After that, choose the activation method (by phone or internet). To activate via internet, click Activate by using the internet. You will be asked to enter the product ID. Type it in the respective field and click the OK The product ID will be sent to the Microsoft database. Once the ID is verified, you will receive a confirmation message.
- To activate Office 2010 by phone, choose Activate by using the phone and proceed with the directions.
Following the above steps, you should be able to reinstall and then activate your Office 2010 suite. Get in touch with a technical expert if you need any further help.