Often times laptops and computers stop working when there is a problem with its motherboard, which can be seen as the nervous system of the device. The processor that is installed on the motherboard can be considered as the brain. It connects the various components or hardware together to make them function and any fault with it can create multiple issues to the laptop or the computer. Problems such as system crashes, slow speed, or sound issues can be due to problems with the motherboard. If you experience any such problem you can contact 24 7 tech support firms out there to resolve the issue.
Listed below are few troubleshooting steps to know if there is a problem with the motherboard of your computer.
- First check the physical connections of your laptop or computer to see if the problem is not with the power cable or power outlet. Plug it into another power outlet that is being used by another device and check if the laptop turns on.
- If it does not turn on, then remove the battery, if it can be removed and reinsert it after a few minutes. If the laptop turns on.
- Check the screen of the laptop with torch light for faint images and if you can see faint images but not clear picture then the backlighting of the screen has to be replaced.
- If the laptop powers up but then freezes at the BIOS screen, then the problem could be a conflict between drivers.
- If the above step doesn’t work, then try clearing the CMOS (memory on motherboard that stores bios settings) jumper. Look for the motherboard manual and find the location of CMOS jumper. After that, make sure that the power supply is unplugged. Move the jumper from default position 1-2 to 2-3 to clear CMOS. After a few minutes, replace the jumper and turn on the power supply.
- If the above step doesn’t work, then check if the power button is faulty or not. For this, find the connecting point of power button and short those two pins with anything conductive in hand. If the system powers up then the fault is with the power button and you have to replace or fix it. You need to be very careful while doing this step, as you might get electric shock if you are not careful enough.
These are some of the ways in which you can check for motherboard or power failure issues in your laptop. If there is any difficulty in doing the above troubleshooting steps, you can contact 24 7 computer tech support offered by businesses like Instant Tech Support.